Hey Y'all !
Considering this is Results Day and you are all hopefully proud and happy (if you're not its not the end of the world and there is always another way around it) being a fresher survivor I thought I would do a university for all you new freshers !!!
- Be prepared to be very tired for the first couple of weeks, you're body will be pushed to the limits with all the parties that you'll be going to!
- Everyone is scared just like you, so don't be afraid to get talking to each other. Talk to everyone!
-Get one of your flat mates and go round your halls and knock on EVERYONE'S door. Be friendly and invite people to go out :)
-Bring a board game !! You will bond over how silly you look on a twister board hahaha
-If your flatmates aren't your cuppa tea, go to another flat and chill out there. It may be awkward at first but it'll soon get comfortable.
-If you have friends from home going to the same uni try not to hang out too much at first you need to socialise with new people in order to feel fully at home.
-On your first day stay in the kitchen or prop your door open, try not to hide away.
-Pace your money! You won't have you're loan yet, you only get it when you enroll into University.
- Have fancy dress clothes, you'll be wearing them more than you're actual going out clothes- Primark will be your best friend!
- Girls, speaking from experience don't wear massive heels in freshers week , you will regret it!!
- Try not to see or visit you're love ones for at least 2-3 weeks. It'll be harder to say goodbye the second time so you need time to fully realise that you live away from them.
-Join in every drinking game possible (if you drink)!! Alcohol brings people together ;)
-Get Berocca!! You will be tired under the weather and just plain hungover! I remember waking up on the Friday morning of Freshers Week, hungover , sore head and the reddest eyes you have ever seen. Wasn't my most beautiful moment.....
-And finally literally JUST HAVE FUN, throw yourself into Uni wholeheartedly, if you don't enjoy it straight away trust me you will love it soon enough. When Christmas comes along you won't want to come home!!
Congratulations once again to everyone!!
Miss P x
My sister and her friends with their results , they all got what they wanted and will start their degrees this September.